The X-55 Devotion is one of three light machine guns (LMGs) in Titanfall 2. Its fire rate increases greatly the longer a Pilot holds down the trigger, though this is counterbalanced somewhat by the fact that its starting rate of fire is incredibly slow on the first few rounds, even more so than the game's semiautomatic weapons.
As such, firing this weapon in short, controlled bursts in a manner similar to the Spitfire LMG or various other automatic weapons in the game is greatly discouraged. For maximum effectiveness, hold down the trigger as long as possible.
The X-55 Devotion also appeared in Apex Legends as a Care Package weapon, which can only be found through supply drops and care packages (along with the Kraber-AP Sniper and the Peacekeeper). This was the case from season 4 to season 5. However, as season 6, the Devotion is a ground weapon like it was from season 0 to season 3.
|Extra Ammo||Increased ammo capacity.||Devotion Level 2|
|Gunrunner||Shoot while sprinting.||Devotion Level 4|
|Speedloader||Faster reload.||Devotion Level 5|
|Gun Ready||Fast transition into aiming down the sights.||Devotion Level 7|
|Quick Swap||Faster transition when switching to this weapon.||Devotion Level 8|
|Tactikill||Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).||Devotion Level 9|
|Factory Issue||Stock sights.||Devotion Level 1|
|AOG Scope||Advanced optical gunsight with increased magnification.||Devotion Level 3|
|HCOG Ranger||Enhanced zoom scope.||Devotion Level 6|
|Threat Scope||Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.||Devotion Level 10|
|Pro Screen||Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.||Devotion Regeneration|
In Apex Legends
|Barrel Stabilizer||provides maximum decrease in recoil, hides flash at level 4|
|Extended Energy Mag||increases magazine size|
|Close-Mid Range Optics||improves view while ADS|
|Standard Stock||Reduces aim sway and shortens time length when switching weapons|
|Turbocharger||reduces time to ramp up to maximum firerate|
- The X55 Devotion has design similarities to the Volt, suggesting that the Devotion and the Volt are part of the same weapons family. It is also possible that the Devotion fires the same Blue Tracers as the Volt.
- According to artist Robb Shoberg, the Devotion's overall design was originally envisioned for use by the Hemlok BF-R
- Furthermore, the Devotion seen in Titanfall: Assault bears markings that say "Hamlock MKII". Assuming "Hamlock" is a misspelled "Hemlok", it is possible the Devotion is in fact part of the same family. A harder-to-read decal with "HEMLOK MK.II" can be seen on the in-game model of the Devotion. This supports the idea that the Devotion and Volt are LMG and SMG variants of the Hemlok BF-R, respectively.
- Pre-release art depicts the Devotion with a regular magazine - however, the final game only permits use of a box magazine.
- The Devotion's method or ramping up its rate of fire is possibly inspired by the Amped LMG Burn Card, from the first Titanfall.
- The weapon itself is very loosely based on the Stoner 63, a Vietnam War-era weapon that could either be used as an assault rifle or a belt-fed LMG much like the Devotion, but with the front end resembling an FN SCAR and the stock of an ACR.
- The name could be derived from the idea of the shooter having to be "devoted" to holding down the trigger to increase the weapon's rate of fire instead of firing in bursts.
Infantry Weapons of the Titanfall universe
|Handguns||B3 Wingman (Elite • V2) • Hammond (P2011 • P2016 • P2020) • RE-45 Autopistol • Smart Pistol (MK5 • MK6)|
|Submachine Guns &
Personal Defence Weapons
|Alternator • C.A.R. SMG • R-97 Compact SMG • R-99 SMG • Prowler Burst PDW • Volt|
Battle Rifles & Carbines
|G2A4 Battle Rifle • G2A5 Battle Rifle • G7 Scout • Havoc Rifle • M1A3 Hemlok BF-R • R-101C Carbine • R-201 Assault Rifle • R-301 Carbine • V-47 Flatline (VK-47 Flatline)|
|Light Machine Guns||L-STAR • L-STAR EMG • Spitfire LMG (M600) • X-55 Devotion (Mk3)|
|Sniper Rifles &
Designated Marksman Rifles
|D-101 Longbow DMR • D-2 Double Take • Triple Take • Kraber-AP Sniper • Sentinel ESR • Valkyrie Sniper Rifle|
|Shotguns||EVA-8 Shotgun • Mastiff • Peacekeeper • SA-3 Mozambique|
|Explosives||Arc Grenade • Arc Star • Electric Smoke Grenade • Firestar • Gravity Star •Firestar • Frag Grenade • Satchel Charge • Thermite Grenade|
|Melee Weapons||Data Knife • Grappling Hook • Machete • Pulse Blade|