The X-55 Devotion is one of three light machine guns (LMGs) in Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends. Its fire rate increases greatly the longer the trigger is held, though this is counterbalanced somewhat by the fact that its starting rate of fire is incredibly slow on the first few rounds, even more so than the game's semiautomatic weapons.
As such, firing this weapon in short, controlled bursts in a manner similar to the Spitfire LMG or various other automatic weapons in the game is greatly discouraged. For maximum effectiveness, hold down the trigger as long as possible.
In Titanfall 2, the Devotion is an LMG that uses blue tracer bullets with higher speed to more easily remove targets at longer distances as well as better suppression due to the RoF that makes anyone who gets caught by it easier to remove quickly, giving it an edge over other LMGs like the Spitfire and L-STAR, which while having larger mags, do not have as fast bullets or RoF. However, the drawback is that it cannot be fired in short bursts like the two other guns mentioned, as this will cause the user to experience large amounts of recoil that will make hitting targets at range far more difficult, alongside low firerate which will make you easier to hit after firing due to it taking longer to wind up the firerate to be able to kill those who focus on you. Firerate cannot be modified to have less of a windup time before achieving the maximum RPM.
|Extra Ammo||Increased ammo capacity.||Devotion Level 2|
|Gunrunner||Shoot while sprinting.||Devotion Level 4|
|Speedloader||Faster reload.||Devotion Level 5|
|Gun Ready||Fast transition into aiming down the sights.||Devotion Level 7|
|Quick Swap||Faster transition when switching to this weapon.||Devotion Level 8|
|Tactikill||Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).||Devotion Level 9|
|Factory Issue||Stock sights.||Devotion Level 1|
|AOG Scope||Advanced optical gunsight with increased magnification.||Devotion Level 3|
|HCOG Ranger||Enhanced zoom scope.||Devotion Level 6|
|Threat Scope||Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.||Devotion Level 10|
|Pro Screen||Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.||Devotion Regeneration|
The X-55 Devotion also appears in Apex Legends as an energy weapon LMG. Its behavior is mostly the same as in previous appearances, though the weapon can be modified with attachments for improved functionality. Players can now reduce the ramp up in firerate with Turbocharger, unlike the first iteration. From seasons 4-5, it was a Care Package weapon. However, as of season 6 and later, the Devotion is a ground weapon like it was from season 0 to season 3.
|Barrel Stabilizer||provides decrease in recoil|
|Extended Energy Mag||increases magazine size, allows autoreload when unequipped at level 4|
|Close-Mid Range Optics||improves view while ADS|
|Standard Stock||Reduces aim sway and shortens time length when switching weapons|
|Turbocharger||reduces time to ramp up to maximum firerate|
- According to artist Robb Shoberg, the Devotion's overall design was originally envisioned for use by the Hemlok BF-R.
- Furthermore, the Devotion seen in Titanfall: Assault bears markings that say "Hamlock MKII". Assuming "Hamlock" is a misspelled "Hemlok", it is possible the Devotion is in fact part of the same family. A harder-to-read decal with "HEMLOK MK.II" can be seen on the in-game model of the Devotion. This supports the idea that the Devotion and Volt are LMG and SMG variants of the Hemlok BF-R, respectively.
- Pre-release art depicts the Devotion with a standard stick magazine - however, the final game only permits use of a heavier box magazine.
- The Devotion's method or ramping up its rate of fire is possibly inspired by the Amped LMG Burn Card, from the first Titanfall.
- The weapon itself is very loosely based on the Stoner 63, a Vietnam War-era weapon that could either be used as an assault rifle or a belt-fed LMG much like the Devotion, but with the front end resembling an FN SCAR and the stock of an ACR.
- The name could be derived from the idea of the shooter having to be "devoted" to holding down the trigger to increase the weapon's rate of fire instead of firing in bursts.
Infantry Weapons of the Titanfall universe
|Handguns||B3 Wingman (Elite • V2) • Hammond (P2011 • P2016 • P2020) • RE-45 Autopistol • Smart Pistol (MK5 • MK6)|
|Submachine Guns &
Personal Defence Weapons
|Alternator • C.A.R. SMG • R-97 Compact SMG • R-99 SMG • Prowler Burst PDW • Volt|
|Assault Rifles||G2A4 Battle Rifle • G2A5 Battle Rifle • Havoc Rifle • M1A3 Hemlok BF-R • R-101C Carbine • R-201 Assault Rifle • R-301 Carbine • V-47 Flatline (VK-47 Flatline)|
|Light Machine Guns||L-STAR • Spitfire LMG • X-55 Devotion|
|Sniper Rifles||D-101 Longbow DMR • D-2 Double Take • Kraber-AP Sniper • Sentinel ESR • Valkyrie Sniper Rifle • Charge Rifle (AL)|
|Shotguns||EVA-8 Shotgun • Mastiff • Peacekeeper • SA-3 Mozambique|
|Marksman Rifles||Bocek Compound Bow • 30-30 Repeater • Triple Take • G7 Scout|
|Explosives||Arc Grenade • Arc Star • Electric Smoke Grenade • Firestar • Gravity Star •Firestar • Frag Grenade • Satchel Charge • Thermite Grenade|
|Melee Weapons||Data Knife • Grappling Hook • Machete • Pulse Blade|