The Volt is a Pilot energy submachine gun featured in Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends. It is a weapon that fires concentrated bolts of high energy, which are referred to as 'blue tracers'. Despite this making the weapon very effective In medium to close range engagements, at long range these blue tracers can very easily give your position away. The Volt appears to be equipped with a Suppressor by default, though this attachment provides no in-game benefit. The Volt is often utilised by Stalkers and Spectres.
Despite the appearance of bullet travel, the projectiles fired from this weapon are in fact hitscan. The blue tracers' travel time is merely cosmetic.
In Titanfall 2 Multiplayer mode, it is unlocked after reaching Level 27, or purchased for 100 Credits.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Shoot while sprinting.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Enhanced zoom scope.|
|Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
The Volt reappears in Apex Legends. It is an energy actuated SMG, which has bullets which travel the fastest of all SMGs. Unlike its predecessor, the volt now has worse hipfire accuracy and the recoil is vertical.
|Barrel Stabilizer||provides decrease in recoil|
|Extended Energy Mag||increases magazine size|
|Close Range Optics||improves view while ADS|
|Standard Stock||Reduces aim sway and shortens time length when switching weapons|
- It is possible that the Volt and the X-55 Devotion are all from the same family of weapons, due to their similar appearances; notably, their shared barrel shroud, stock Iron-dot Sights and plating on the upper receiver. The two also share use of blue tracers with the D-2 Double Take.
- The Volt's method of operation remains a mystery; the name "Volt" and the "Heat Sink" Elite Warpaint would imply that the weapon is some sort of energy weapon - however, it is explicitly stated to fire blue tracer rounds, and feeds from a magazine implying conventional bullets. It is possible the Volt uses electronic components elsewhere such as in the firing pin, hence the name. The possibility also remains that the alloy used to create the shells or the rounds could use some sort of alloy that creates a blue color, such as a copper alloy or cobalt.
- In Apex Legends, game files regarding the Volt trace all the way back to season 2, but only got added in season 6.
- It appears that the Volt's lack of vertical recoil was removed in Apex Legends (based off the cross-hairs, which were changed from the same crosshairs of that of the Alternator to regular cross-hairs). The reason behind this was never mentioned but was likely due to balancing.
- The weapon bears heavy resemblance to an AR-15 platform rifle like an M4, but with sci-fi design cues reminiscent of the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens.
- It is described as a 'Energy actuated SMG' and is seen ejecting casings much like a conventual firearm, it can be theorized to be a hybrid weapon. Firing solid projectiles surrounded in energy instead of either pure kinetic or pure energy.
- Titanfall 2 death hint - "Mild mannered. The Volt is recognized by its blue tracers and light kick."
Infantry Weapons of the Titanfall universe
|Handguns||B3 Wingman (Elite • V2) • Hammond (P2011 • P2016 • P2020) • RE-45 Autopistol • Smart Pistol (MK5 • MK6)|
|Submachine Guns &
Personal Defence Weapons
|Alternator • C.A.R. SMG • R-97 Compact SMG • R-99 SMG • Prowler Burst PDW • Volt|
|Assault Rifles||G2A4 Battle Rifle • G2A5 Battle Rifle • Havoc Rifle • M1A3 Hemlok BF-R • R-101C Carbine • R-201 Assault Rifle • R-301 Carbine • V-47 Flatline (VK-47 Flatline)|
|Light Machine Guns||L-STAR • Spitfire LMG • X-55 Devotion|
|Sniper Rifles||D-101 Longbow DMR • D-2 Double Take • Kraber-AP Sniper • Sentinel ESR • Valkyrie Sniper Rifle • Charge Rifle (AL)|
|Shotguns||EVA-8 Shotgun • Mastiff • Peacekeeper • SA-3 Mozambique|
|Marksman Rifles||Bocek Compound Bow • 30-30 Repeater • Triple Take • G7 Scout|
|Explosives||Arc Grenade • Arc Star • Electric Smoke Grenade • Firestar • Gravity Star •Firestar • Frag Grenade • Satchel Charge • Thermite Grenade|
|Melee Weapons||Data Knife • Grappling Hook • Machete • Pulse Blade|