- 1 Re: Concept Art questions
- 2 Apex Predators
- 3 Re: Some more questions
- 4 Unrelated Discussion Topics
- 5 A little too far.
- 6 Flatline
- 7 Carrier
- 8 Davis Helmet
- 9 RE: Spectre page
- 10 Re: Weapon Pages
- 11 Re: Unrelated Discussion topic
- 12 Archmind
- 13 Adoption request
- 14 Dropping by
- 15 Apex Legends Weapons
- 16 Weapon Images
- 17 Image organization
- 18 Navbox + rename and update
- 19 little oopsie on the R301 Carbine
- 20 preferences
- 21 Ronin Edit
- 22 Ronin Edit
- 23 Trolling
- 24 This is getting ridiculous
- 25 Hello, Bacon
Re: Concept Art questions
Hello! As long as the weapon's purpose and history is the same as it is with the final version, go ahead and mention that information. Concept names and designs that have been scrapped would probaby be best fitted under the Trivia section. As for weapons in Titanfall 1 and 2, we have complete sections for both games (see Spitfire LMG). If you mean general lore and information for the weapon itself, it would probably belong under a new section titled "History" or "Overview" or something of the sort. If not, just add the information to the respective game's section. I hope I've answered your questions, and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 19:24, May 2, 2017 (UTC)
True those ranks are speculation but I can confirme that Slone, Richter and Ash hold at least the rank of lieutenant by them being considered Blisk's top lieutenants
- True and I didn't think the Predators use a military ranking system I think they use leader, second in command and lieutenant and Blisk's rank in the IMC was commander
Re: Some more questions
Hey there, BaconShelf. Recently I haven't been as active on this wiki so therefore I've kinda lacked on updating it. However, I do plan on updating the navigation when I'm once again available. As for the Universe page, I'm very impressed with it, so good job. I would say it best categorizes under the "Titanfall" and "Titanfall 2" categories, but a separate, new "Titanfall Universe" category could be beneficial as well.
Uploading information that has not been confirmed by Respawn, or otherwise has been leaked or speculated, isn't recommended and it's best we avoid such information until it's confirmed. However, updated values and patches are okay to add, as long as it is within the game's current version files.
I very much appreciate your contributions during my inactivity, and I'm impressed with your work. Looking over your contributions, I'm sure you'd be fit for an administrative position since we don't really have any active here. If you're interested, let me know and we can discuss it further. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 03:59, July 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Basically, administrative rights allow you to block and unblock users (so if a vandal comes along, you can revert their edits and block them), protect and delete pages, you can edit the wiki's coding, design, and customization, and help run the wiki to make sure it stays maintained and updated. There are many other responsibilities with being an admin, so you can visit here for more info. NinjaFatGuy (talk) 16:26, July 8, 2017 (UTC)
A little too far.
hi I can't really tell if you're a person that doesn't know the differences between vandalism or keeping things updates and informing no lies such as updating the FLATLINE'S ACTUAL STATE or a person that doesn't like or doesn't agree with someone else's information to share and just shouting out vandalism as the term hater or a person that never experienced and invested a lot of time and effort in most or all weapons in general (such as obviously the flatline) more than someone else, little chances barely played the multiplayer and only played it little bases after all the changes that happened in this game or the list just gonna go on and on.
in summary, sir as a pilot gen 28.4 with 17 days in game record with 3.9 k.d and with 20000+ net worth as well been resourceful (gt is Raiden_Roy22 on ps4 if you want a screen shot to see that I'm not lying) I must say I'm NOT impressed on you restoring the old information about flatline cause, in reality, in game this weapon is strange, nothing more.
I expect you to prove me wrong.
- Posting here since I can't really post on an Anon talk page.
- The edit was reverted as the general tone and style was not in keeping with the standards of a wiki, reading more like a rant than an informative article. I have no problem with the information itself, but the general manner in which it was implemented was one that I deemed to be vandalism. If you were to re-edit but keep the formatting and language in line with the Manual of Style, I'd have absolutely no issues with keeping the info there. I will admit, perhaps it would have been better to label it under unprofessional style or something rather than vandalism. My bad there.
first of all of if haven't made myself more specify then i've meant more than just playtime sure putting time isnt everything for example year 1 players CAN get shrekt by year 2 or year 3 becasue they are more resourcful and with good combat preferments your right time isn't anything but it is a thing that you can gather knowledge from something and learn more things and learn more better. as for me im just an A+ player that has invested a lot of time money and effort in video games in general
second of all here my solution or an idea. the next time you find me re edit any titan, weapon, pilot, character etc's state like update things after buffs and nerfs I'll leave this [R&C] mark at the end to let you know i was there cause i prefer to keep a low profile so you can correct the unprofessional style (since you don't like it in that way or something) into more appropriate way like if the reason you re edited the page just because i did it in a rant way and not paying attention to the actual information it self then i'll tell you this. at least try to look at the meta's state and keep the weapons updated in YOUR way to prevent the difference between the wiki info itself and in game.
Regarding the IMC Carrier page,
I was under the impression it was just any IMC carrier, as it makes no reference to any type or class, and the Odyssey appears identical in both form and function
Are you sure about Davis' helmet? As in that specific design, rather than just the X shaped visor?
NVM, I'm a complete moron. Of course Davis' helmet was made before cartoon jack's
RE: Spectre page
Sorry to bother you again, but I reckon the spectre page desperately needs fixing; it calls spectres a variant of the Marvin along with labelling stalkers and reapers as super-spectres.
From my experience a lot of this is just flat-out wrong, but I wanted to run it by you before doing anything.
Re: Weapon Pages
Hey, sorry about the late reply! I've been very busy lately and not really able to have the time to reply nowadays, so my apologies. I think that as I'm becoming more and more inactive on this wiki and Wikia in general, I'll allow you to make full decisions so don't be afraid to go ahead and revamp things to your liking and for the best of the wiki. As for creating separate articles for Titanfall Assault topics, just try your best to keep all of the information on one page. So keep any information for Atlas from Assault can just go under the Atlas page. Once again, I appreciate your contributions to the wiki and don't feel the need to ask me for any changes! If I see something I see unfit, I'll let you know. But other than that, everything's good. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 00:48, September 8, 2017 (UTC)
- No problem, and sounds good. If you need anything, just let me know. I'll try my best not to respond a week late haha. NinjaFatGuy (talk) 21:15, September 8, 2017 (UTC)
Could you please tell me where to find the following audio log in chapter 5.... I just can't find it
"Dr. Tyler Parsons Log 3.2. I found an IMC security guard in the targetting room. His body was... I don't know how to explain it. It was warped. Backwards. Taking him to Human research."
Hi Baconshelf,i would just like to report brightlord1 for unrelated discussion topics. thanks.
Hey baconshelf i dont but do u know archmind?
you sure archmind the exo on the destiny discord?
yeah sorry about that thats how i remembered it.
hi i just want you to know that if you think i should start a you tube chanel and sience your an admin i thaught you might give your opinion sincerleyWhy BT WHY (talk) 17:18, October 29, 2017 (UTC) Why Bt WHY
this is Minferno157, and how do you change the images for the wikia pages?
i am asking this because the Spectre Captain page on Titanfall:Assault wikia has the wrong supply number, it should be 3, not 4 ````
Hey there, BaconShelf. In case you don't know or remember, I'm one of the bureaucrats here on the wiki. It's been a while since I've come and visited, so I figured to drop by and let you know that I'm quite impressed with all the hard work you put into the wiki! I hope to become a bit more active on the wiki and help clean up the wiki a bit more. If you have any ideas or anything you wanna talk about, let me know. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 23:08, January 13, 2019 (UTC)
- All the categorizing and organizing was something this wiki needed very much, so I appreciate that! All your other projects sound good too, and I'd love to help out with them if you need any! As for the weapon articles, I see what you mean and I agree. However, I believe that it would be a bit more proper to have multiple infoboxes on the page because of how stats and information can vary between games, and it helps the article from being a bit too confusing. I also didn't see a major point for the field notes to be on a separate article, hence is why I moved them back to the main page.
- But like I said, I do agree with how the page can become cluttered and I'm more concerned with the tables such as the challenges and weapon camos. Currently, I don't believe the article has enough content on the page to resort to subpages, however I'm always up for discussion as I can see it becoming a problem sometime down the road. I believe we just need more information (history, details about the weapon in each game, etc.) so we have a bit more reading content than tables, you know what I mean? That way the page won't look so cluttered and can be more balanced. However, I currently like the layout for weapon articles as I have done on the R-101C page, but if you'd like to discuss more about that, I'd be more than willing to. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 20:34, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, I understand what you're saying. How about for the weapon articles, say under the Challenges section, we create a rough description of the challenge--its criteria, rewards, etc., and then we can link a subpage for the Challenges that includes the table and a bit more extensive description of the challenges? I personally feel like the table is more simplistic and better organized than have it in word form. One thing I was interested in was getting images for each weapon with each camo equipped. It would be quite a project to fulfill, but it would make better use for a camo subpage for each weapon. As for the infobox at the top of the weapon articles, I agree that would be a good idea; it'll help separate the weapon mechanics from each game and the lore information.
- As I said before, the wiki is definitely in need of more organizing and a uniform file system, so the file renaming project would definitely be beneficial and something I'll look out for. With that being said, I know you're more of an image guy unlike myself, so do you think we'd be able to collect images for all the camo previews as well as camos for each weapon? Like I said, it would be an extensive project but I feel it would be nice to allow a visual display for all the camos and weapons and would make camo pages more substantial than being just stubs. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 23:20, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, subpages could be a good conclusion. As for the weapon camo images, it would indeed be difficult to get all the images. However, if we find the time and the ability to get them, I think it'd be beneficial. But the camo preview icons would definitely be useful. NinjaFatGuy (talk) 23:40, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
Apex Legends Weapons
Hey there. I have some inquiries about the weapons in Apex Legends I'd like to discuss with you. As you may know, the Spitfire is known as the "M600 Spitfire" and the V-47 Flatline is known as the "VK-47 Flatline". Do you think these names are just an extension to the same weapons in the other Titanfalls or do you think they're just new models? For instance, we'd merge "M600 Spitfire" and "Spitfire LMG", assuming they are indeed the same weapon just named more extensively? NinjaFatGuy (talk) 22:21, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
- I'd say that, given the game is set three decades following the original few games, it's probably best we keep them separate, personally. As a side effect, this also means we won't have to clutter up the existing weapon pages in these instances as they are separate models.
- As a side note, I'm going to implement a system similar to what we see in the Titanfall 2 titan loadout pages for the character loadouts. I think it'd be a nice consistency to keep across the wiki where appropriate. BaconShelf (talk) 22:25, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, sounds good, I'm fine with that. That's a good idea, I'm gonna try and just get the basics for all the weapons and items. NinjaFatGuy (talk) 22:28, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
- Coolio, I'm gonna try get all the characters done in a basic way before I boot up the game to grab some screenshots. Also, I just realised I should have messaged you back on your talk page. Ah well, it's been a long time! BaconShelf (talk) 22:32, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, sounds good, I'm fine with that. That's a good idea, I'm gonna try and just get the basics for all the weapons and items. NinjaFatGuy (talk) 22:28, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
Hey again. So correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you pretty good with images? I was wondering if you were able to get transparent weapon images (like the weapon images from Titanfall 1) for the weapons that don't have them. Such as all the weapon models listed under your stats on Titanfall 2. It would definitely help conform all the articles and make the wiki look better with uniform weapon images. Let me know, thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 05:51, February 5, 2019 (UTC)
- That's alright, take your time, it's good to know that you are at least one step ahead and me and that it will get done sometime soon! You don't suppose there are files for the weapons in the Titanfall 2 files do you? They are 3D models compared to Titanfall 1's pictures, but wasn't too sure if there was a chance for some kind of source buried in the files. Thanks! NinjaFatGuy (talk) 00:10, February 9, 2019 (UTC)
Hey, Shelf. Just wanted to ask if i could be granted Custodian priviliges to give some more organizational context to weapons images, concept art, etc. It's neater to find "Softball concept 1 TF2.png" with the credit attributed to Ryan Lastimosa as opposed to "Softball1.png", and so on and so forth. Thanks, bud. Louis Bancroft (talk) 15:42, February 8, 2019 (UTC)
Hi, don't mean to message back so soon, just wanted to ask about the removal of the navbox i made for the new weapons introduced in Apex Legends, considering that only four or five of them are actually returning weapons from previous games. Also, thanks for working on getting me the "rename and update" priviliges. That's all. Louis Bancroft (talk) 14:30, February 9, 2019 (UTC)
Hello Bacon, I noticed the second "Jill" Cooper concept art on Gates's page and it got me curious where it was shown. As far as I know, that concept art wasn't in the artbook for Titanfall 2 like that Jill Cooper profile concept art.
Here's the link: https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/File:TF2_JillCooper_Concept_2.jpg
Hope to hear a response from you soon
little oopsie on the R301 Carbine
hey did a little oopsie when naming this- https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/File:APEX_R-301_Carabine_AR.png fat fingers, ik. can you kindly move it to APEX_R-301_Carbine_AR png. cheers!
- Done. You can find it at File:AL R-301 Carbine AR.png BaconShelf (talk) 21:24, March 29, 2019 (UTC)
i will mostly be working on the apex legends part of the wiki, and i will be adding a bunch of new images as i develop the pages. i believe it's better to organise things as we work on them than later when it becomes a mess. It will be a diaster of biblical proportions, old testement, real wrath of god stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, humans sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. we dont want that so.. which prefix would you and the other admins prefer i use when adding images for apex legends AL or APEX or maybe APX. let me know. cheers!
- That's great! Between university work and truth be told, a general lack of interest, I haven't played Apex Legends so your help is definitely appreciated. For future reference, the prefix AL is preferred for images from the game, yeah, but APEX is also not too big of an issue. Thanks for reaching out! BaconShelf (talk) 21:51, March 31, 2019 (UTC)
If you would please like to explain how i can use these things? Because if i go into edit, all of these things ( the slash and such things like the ‘ ) what are they used for, and what do they do?
Thecoolboy0606 Yeetus mcKiddus
Thank you for reaching out to me about the edit i made on the Ronin wiki, i legit signed up today just to make that edit and was not aware that it was the wrong section, thanks for moving it to the correct section my friend! I will pay more attention the next time i may edit something.
- Got that sorted. Sorry about taking so long. Thanks for letting me know. BaconShelf (talk) 22:06, September 20, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry if I have to contact you on short notice, but the trolling isn't exactly stopping anytime soon. Wiki activity is filled with a little more trolling recently. Plt. Pao Ayo (talk) 05:08, September 26, 2019 (UTC)
- Nah don't worry about it. Thinks have just been a bit hectic for me recently so I might be a little bit late to get stuff cleared up but I do appreciate being notified about stuff! BaconShelf (talk) 07:20, September 26, 2019 (UTC)
This is getting ridiculous
Hi, I am just curious. Why did you leave the discord? Also, I sent a friendreq.