- 1 Titanfall
- 2 Titanfall 2
- 3 Apex Legends
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
The Spitfire LMG has high recoil at first, but it eventually stabilizes into a tighter firing pattern. Due to its unique recoil, players are advised to ignore the traditional method of firing in short bursts, and rather fire in long bursts for increased effectiveness. It boasts extremely high damage for a non-long-range weapon, downing a pilot in no more than 3 shots or 2 headshots. It is one of the most useful guns to use when rodeoing a Titan, as it takes less than one belt to fully destroy it, also the Slammer attachment allowing it to do 50% more rodeo damage.
The Spitfire LMG is very unique to the other weapons. It starts out with a very high recoil, which is reduced by 15% every 1/9 of a second, or every shot, until you reach minimum recoil in 15 shots.
- Large magazine capacity
- Accuracy increases with sustained fire
- Very high Rodeo damage
- First shots inaccurate due to harsh recoil
- Requires prolonged bursts before weapon settles
- Slow 2.8 - 3.33 second reload
- Slow fire rate
- Attaching the HCOG reduces the time it takes to switch from hip fire to aiming.
- This weapon has the largest magazine capacity of all the primary weapons. The Spitfire LMG is also the most powerful weapon to rodeo attack a Titan when using the Slammer mod.
- Try to keep the battles at a closer range rather than longer when engaging Pilots. This weapon is difficult against Pilots since the weapon recoil is much greater than the other primary weapons. If you can control the recoil, this can be a deadly weapon. This weapon is also great for spraying in those close-mid-range battles.
- Against minions this weapon is a beast. You’re able to mow through minions and then jump straight into a Pilot battle without having to reload. Also, using hip fire against minions will keep you moving quick from target to target. But beware: you will be exposing yourself on the minimap and attracting enemy Pilots. There is no Suppressor for this weapon.
- The Extended Magazine gives you an additional sixteen rounds, making this high-ammo weapon even more effective against minions and for controlling a close-quarter area. The Slammer mod makes the Spitfire LMG the go-to weapon when you want to rodeo attack a Titan. The Slammer increases the damage immensely and is the strongest weapon to rodeo attack a Titan. If aimed at the enemy Titan’s weak spot during a rodeo attack, it will take less than a magazine to destroy the Titan. Keep a Custom Pilot loadout with the Slammer so when you see the opportunity to rodeo, you will be ready!
- When going against enemy Titans, consider equipping the Slammer Mod for Rodeoing and the Archer Heavy Rocket for harassing Titans from a safe distance. The Quick Reload Kit is quite useful, as the Spitfire and the Archer have very slow reload times. Also, it can be useful to equip either the Arc Grenades or the Satchel Charges paired with the Explosives Pack. This setup is second-to-none when it comes to sending Titans to the scrapyard.
|Image||Name||Description||Unlock / Challenge|
|Iron Sights||Default factory issue gunsight.||Default Weapon Sight|
|HCOG||HCOG has an open sight reticle, easily acquire and track vertical targets, 1.85x fixed magnification and ammo readout.||The Expendables (III):|
Kill 50 Grunts
|Holosight||2.1x fixed magnification, effective both at range and in close quarters, equipped with ammo readout.||The Expendables (II)|
Kill 25 Grunts
|AOG||2.4x fixed magnification, integrated current magazine capacity readout with backup numerical display, ideal for extended range combat.||If It Moves... (III)|
Kill 50 Enemies
|Extended Magazine||Increases the ammo capacity of the weapon.||Machine War (II) |
Kill 25 Spectres
|Slammer||Increases rodeo damage||Top Gun (II) |
Kill 15 Pilots
If It Moves...
|Kill 10 Enemies||500 XP|
|Kill 25 Enemies||1,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Enemies||2,500 XP, AOG Attachment, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 100 Enemies||5,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 200 Enemies||10,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 5 Pilots||500 XP|
|Kill 15 Pilots||1,000 XP, Slammer Mod, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 30 Pilots||2,500 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Pilots||5,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 75 Pilots||10,000 XP,Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 10 Spectres||500 XP|
|Kill 25 Spectres||1,000 XP, Extended Magazine Mod, Amped LMG Burn Card Card|
|Kill 50 Spectres||2,500 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 75 Spectres||5,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 100 Spectres||10,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 10 Grunts||500 XP|
|Kill 25 Grunts||1,000 XP, Holosight Attachment, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Grunts||2,500 XP, HCOG Attachment, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 100 Grunts||5,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Kill 200 Grunts||10,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
This Is My Weapon
|Use Weapon for .5 Hour||500 XP|
|Use Weapon for 1 Hour||1,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Use Weapon for 1.5 Hours||2,500 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Use Weapon for 2 Hours||5,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Use Weapon for 3 Hours||10,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
Off the Dome
|Get 5 Headshots||500 XP|
|Get 15 Headshots||1,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Get 30 Headshots||2,500 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Get 50 Headshots||5,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
|Get 75 Headshots||10,000 XP, Amped LMG Burn Card|
The Spitfire MK2 is an improvement over the MK1 in accuracy, stability, and overall weight. Internal components have been improved to allow its internal recoil dampening system to adjust for the operator's rate of fire.
The addition of lighter furniture composite materials increase the mobility and versatility of this LMG. A longer attachment rail system has been implemented to stabilize the barrel during sustained fire.
The reciprocating charging handle has been replaced with a non-reciprocating oversized knob, allowing operators to effectively cycle the action with less effort.
The Spitfire is a fully-automatic light machine gun with a steady fire rate and can be considered the LMG class' equivalent to the R-201, as it is generally easy to use and has none of the quirks present in its counterparts. It performs at 50 damage, 39 accuracy, and a range 75 range.
Its magazine can hold 80 bullets and 96 with the Extra Ammo mod equipped. It has also been stripped of its recoil pattern, no longer becoming more accurate the longer it's fired.
Additionally, the changes made to Rodeo renders the weapon useless in an Anti-Titan role, as the player now pulls a Battery from/drops a Frag into the Titan without any firearms involved. While both Amped Weapons and A-Wall can enhance its effectiveness, one still needs to aim for the weak spots (the cockpit) of a Titan to actually do damage, as with other non Anti-Titan weapons.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Shoot while sprinting.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Advanced optical gunsight with increased magnification.|
|Enhanced zoom scope.|
|Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
The M600 Spitfire LMG (or Spitfire for short) is an anti-personnel fully automatic light machine gun (LMG) introduced in Apex Legends. Available to competitors in the Apex Games, it is the next-generation Spitfire LMG, descended from its Frontier War forebears, the Spitfire MK1 and MK2.
Designed by Siwhan Industries, the new Spitfire appears to borrow from both of its ancestors in its design. Still a box-fed LMG designed to be carried around by infantry, the newest iteration of the Spitfire reverted back to the old gas operated, rotating bolt locking mechanism of the MK1 but retained the light composite frame and the non-reciprocating knob from the MK2. The overall recoil is the same as the MK1 but boasts better initial accuracy, and much lower initial recoil. It's still designed for sustained suppressive fire.
As of Emergence, the Spitfire can only be found in the Care Package, alongside the Kraber-AP Sniper, Alternator and Scout. As it is a Crate Weapon, its ammo cannot be found on the ground, and cannot be refilled from using the ammunition of another Spitfire. Once it runs out of ammunition, the weapon is rendered useless and should be disposed.
As of Emergence, all of these attachments will come built in, and aside from optics will be at the highest tier possible.
|Increases amounts of rounds held per mag|
|allows better focus on target while ADS, allows weapon to aim further down sights|
|shortens weapon switch transition length and reduces aim sway|
- It is visually similar to the American M-60E3 medium machine gun, most noticeable around the fore-end and lower gas tube. Its receiver, however, bears a passing resemblance to an M249.
- The Spitfire LMG fires a 7.62mm caliber round.
- In the mission The Ark, the player starts with a Spitfire equipped with a Holosight - this cannot be achieved in Titanfall 2's multiplayer.
- Its appearance seems to be inspired by the aforementioned M60E3, Heckler & Koch MG5, Mk 48, Daewoo K3, and LSAT.
- It is presumed that the Mark-1 Spitfire LMG mentioned in Titanfall 2 concept art for the Mark-2 is the LMG from Titanfall.