Monarch is a Titan appearing in Titanfall 2, added in the Monarch's Reign update. The Monarch is based upon the Vanguard-Class Titan. Levelling it to level 10 will unlock the Chrysalis Patch and levelling to generations 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 will unlock variants of the Coronation Banner.
Monarch’s design is based on the salvaged, badly burnt remains of two Vanguard-class Titans recovered by the IMC from the Battle of Typhon. While the Vanguard-class was designed by the Militia for armed recon deep behind enemy lines, the IMC’s mandate for Monarch focused on flexibility through survival and support options, to serve many operational roles.
Although Vinson Dynamics was unable to reverse-engineer and replicate key aspects of the original Vanguard design, they brought their own R&D innovations when creating Monarch. One of these innovations is her Upgrade Core, which allows her to improve her combat abilities during a battle, based on options set by her Pilot. Monarch also has an impressive ability to draw power from enemy Titans to recharge her own shields, or the shields of her friendly Titans. Despite the IMC and Vinson Dynamics’ efforts to maintain secrecy, several shipments of early Monarch production variants invariably leaked onto the black market, allowing mercenary Pilots and independent manufacturers across the Frontier to discover her true potential.
- Despite how tempting it is to use Rearm the second you use Energy Siphon or Rocket Salvo, the ability must be used sparingly, as it too has a recharge time between uses. Save it for when you need an extra burst of damage when fighting another Titan, ideally.
- The more health a target has, the more shields Energy Siphon will return on hit.
- A rarity among Titans, Monarch is capable of filling a support role if she has Energy Transfer assigned as her level one Upgrade Core; with it, simply fire Energy Siphon at a friendly Titan to give them some shielding. This makes Monarch invaluable in Titan-centric gamemodes like Last Titan Standing.
- Arc Rounds drains an extreme amount of charge from Vortex and Flame Shields on hit. In the former's case, this will also drain the Ion's energy almost completely, leaving them without any abilities or their weapon's split-shot.
- Monarch becomes stronger the longer she's allowed to remain alive thanks to her Upgrade Core. Thus, when piloting one, staying alive long enough to get all three Upgrade Cores should be your main priority.
- When choosing Upgrade Core upgrades, try to pick three that work well together, such as Arc Rounds, Rearm & Reload and XO-16 Accelerator.
- Overcore is also a valuable starting trait for Monarch, as this will give you a headstart on your first upgrade core. Choosing your first upgrade wisely can help ensure you stay alive longer for the remaining two upgrades.
- In the art for Monarch's Reign, Monarch has 3 Batteries under her left arm like normal Vanguard Titans, such as BT-7274. In-game, however, these battery sockets are instead screws and she instead has a single socket on her head for batteries, like all other Titans.
- Monarch has 10,000 health just like the Atlas Titans Ion and Tone, or the Titanfall Ogre.
- Monarch's standard Termination is used in Into The Abyss to dispatch Ash. It is also used by friendly Vanguard Titans in Trial By Fire.
- It is possible that the mentions of Monarch schematics leaking onto the Black Market despite the IMC's best efforts to keep the Titan a secret is a reference to the discovery of Monarch's existence long before it was released, or even announced by Respawn, by dataminers.
- Monarch is the only Titan in Multiplayer that can gain Shields without even needing a Battery.
- Monarch is the second Titan to have a Defensive ability that is not a type of Shield, the other being Northstar.
- In Frontier Defense, combining Superior Chassis and Chassis Upgrade will provide Monarch with a total of 17,500 Health, the highest of any Titan.
- Before the Postcards From the Frontier update, combining these upgrades would cause Monarch's health bar to be cut off on the HUD, only showing six bars instead of the proper seven. This was fixed in the aforementioned update.
- Monarch's OS is voiced by Catherine Taber. Star Wars fans may know her as the voice of Padme Amidala in Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV show.
- Frontier Monarch is the most purchased Limited Titan Warpaint.
- While Monarch's first person view depicts Energy Siphon as sharing the model for Ion's Laser Shot cannon, the third person view depicts the Energy Siphon laser emitting from a Rocket Salvo pod.
- Inside Development - Evolution of Monarch - Respawn's blog post on the development of Monarch.
- ↑ Titanfall Official Website - Monarch
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cattaber/status/867805574041182212
- ↑ Frontier News Network - Postcards From the Frontier