Legion is a Titan class that is based on the Ogre chassis design, focusing on inexorable advances, dealing damage and controlling combat zones. He wields the Predator Cannon, which is equipped with short and long range ammo variations. His ordnance is known as Power Shot. While in short range mode, he fires a shotgun-like spray, which is great for taking out nearby pilots. While in long range mode, the shot is similar to the Plasma Railgun's projectile. The minigun is also equipped with a protective Gun Shield capable of absorbing a fair amount of damage.
Legion's cannon can deal tremendous damage at any range and the chassis can take a vast amount of damage in return, making it great for punishing the enemy that's occupied with his teammate. His Gun Shield provides some protection when taking fire or reloading. Legion's rate of fire, combined with power shot, gives legion one of the highest damage potentials in the game. Switching firing modes takes time and leaves Legion open to attacks, . It is best to switch firing modes while enemy Titans don't have line of sight or don't have the abilities/resources remaining to punish legion for doing it in front of them.
Legion specializes in both offensive and defensive combat in most situations. When fighting offensively, it is best to to have a teammate that has the tools to mitigate damage for extended periods of time and get out quickly when needed to secure space for legion to punish the enemies. Hidden Compartment or Enhanced Ammo Capacity are useful in emphasizing this role. When fighting defensively, Legion can be especially lethal when holding down a lane due to his rapid burst damage and high sustained damage, his Smart Core will turn the area he's looking towards into a dangerous place to be, for titans but especially pilots.
Based on the Ogre chassis, Legion is slow to react and move as his gun must first "spin up" before firing, which is why preemptively spinning up the Predator Cannon is a common action. Due to legion being susceptible to being double teamed and only having single target damage, positioning and awareness are key factors. Some of this can be mitigated by equipping Turbo Engine, which provides much needed mobility and the ability to reposition faster.
Titans such as Ronin and Ion can pose a serious threat to a Legion, as they are capable of mitigating and redirecting damage. Ronin is strongest in close - mid range, where he can Dash around and disorientate the Titan, absorbing Power Shot with Sword Block or poke with shotgun shots and arc waves. Ion prefers to face Legion upfront, chipping away at Legion's health until he's forced to retaliate, then using Vortex Shield to deny legion his primary damage source, effectively stalling him near indefinitely. It is best to create as much space as possible against ronin when possible, however utilizing the pressure that power shot provides will be the primary advantage as each punish is felt keenly by Ronin, utilize gun shield to tank shotgun shots as often as possible. Based on the Stryder, Ronin is especially weaker in terms of health but has sword block to mitigate that weakness, it would be better for legion to fight Ronin from a distance, but due to the difference in mobility, legion is unable to maintain space for very long against a Rpnin. The same is true when dealing with Ion, she can use their vortex shield to push up largely unharmed. While fighting Ion at close range, trigger discipline and mind games are paramount, it is best to equip the Gun Shield to intercept laser shots or to reload safer. Positioning around corners with your gun spun up constantly is a strong strategy vs ion as it allows you to charge your power shot behind cover and then dash out giving ion too little time to react with her vortex shield.
Northstar is more easy to destroy as Legion if Northstar doesn't play carefully around cover. This is because Northstar has no defensive abilities, weak armour and also has an unwieldy weapon, which can be countered by Gun Shield. Legion is also potent against Monarch, as monarch requires a sustained line of sight to deal higher damage, requiring Monarch to expose herself to Legion for a greater punish. Beyond ion, legion is susceptible to tone since he has no way of dealing with a properly place particle wall without taking high damage and not dealing any in return.
- As of December 2016, the Legion is the third most popular Titan within the game.
- The Predator Cannon might be a reference to the Predator mech from the free to play mech FPS Hawken. The Predator mech's primary weapon, Breacher, has two firing modes; uncharged shots spread projectiles in a shotgun pattern (close-range mode) while charged shots fires focused, high-damage long range projectiles that can bypass shields.
- It is also potentially a reference to the film Predator in which one of the characters Blain (played by Jesse Ventura) wields a minigun/chain gun.
- While using Legion’s gun shield, the Predator cannon will spin up and remain spun up, slowing Legion’s movement speed and disabling his melee. This will ensure that he is always able to fire unless he is reloading.
- Legion's Termination is to impale an enemy Titan on the tip of his Predator Cannon, point it straight up in the air, and fire a ton of bullets into the Titan, shredding it to bits.
- Legion Prime's Termination is to slam his Predator Cannon into the enemy Titan twice in a sweeping motion, and then destroy the enemy Titan with a point blank range Power Shot to the cockpit.
- Legion's OS is voiced by David Sheinkopf.