The Kraber-AP (Armor Penetrating) .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle is a Pilot anti-personnel bolt-action heavy sniper rifle that appears in Titanfall, Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends. It is manufactured by Lastimosa Armory.
The Kraber is an exceptionally bulky weapon and it handles as such, with slow weapon handling and long reload times. It does however have immense power, in that it is capable of outright killing any human-size enemy with a single round. Rounds fired by this weapon have a considerable arc and travel time, both of which must be taken into account beyond close range engagements.It takes true skill to effectively wield a Kraber, and it is this trait that endears the rifle to many players.
The Kraber-AP is a straight-pull bolt-action sniper rifle with a side-mounted magazine. As expected from its large-caliber 14.5x114mm rounds, it has unparalleled damage amongst Pilot weapons, able to kill any infantry in one shot at any range. Pilots must lead against moving targets due to the long projectile travel time between the shot and impact (slightly faster bullet speed than rounds from the 40mm Cannon) of the weapon's projectiles.
The Kraber, as a marksman rifle, supports a wide variety of optical attachments including the AOG, Threat Scope, Variable Zoom Scope, 4.5x Zoom Scope, 6x Zoom Scope and the default Factory Issue sights. It also supports the Stabilizer, Extended Magazine and Suppressor. To increase its anti-materiel capabilities, the Amped variant of the Kraber can be equipped with explosive rounds. Some customisation options also allow Pilots the ability to bounce their bullets, allowing them to ricochet around corners.
- One-shot kill damage
- Great long-range weapon
- Not effective close range
- Have to lead your shots at a distance
- Bullet goes downward the farther away the target is
- This one-shot-kill weapon is great for long-range fights, but if you get really confident with the weapon, you can be a threat mid-range with a well-placed shot on enemy Pilots.
- This weapon is difficult to snipe Pilots with when they are wall running and double jumping—try to catch them off-guard when they are on top of a roof. Distance is your friend when you are sniping. Get in a elevated perch away from danger so you can pick off enemy Pilots without the risk of dying. Keep in mind that you have to lead your shot due to the weapon’s low bullet velocity. If enemy Pilots are sniping or holding a static position, this is the weapon to take them out with.
- If your goal is to take out minions, this is not the best weapon. With the slowest rate of fire and smallest magazine capacity, this gun is mainly an anti-Pilot weapon.
- If you want to sit back and support, be sure to use the default 6X Zoom Scope or the 4.5X Zoom Scope and find the highest perch available. If you want to move up with your team and be a mid-range threat, equip the AOG scope along with a Suppressor to conceal your position.
- The Supressor attachment reduces the Kraber's damage and thus its one-shot potential, sacrificing its signature one-shot-one-kill nature with the ability to put shots downrange without immediately revealing the shooter's position. The supressor is only available as an attachment in the first Titanfall.
|6x Zoom Scope||This scope provides fixed, long-range magnification for engaging very distant targets. However, your situational awareness may be compromised while it is in use, due to the high magnification.||Default Weapon Sight|
|AOG||The AOG, or Advanced Optical Gunsight, is fixed at 2.4X magnification, and includes an integrated "current magazine capacity" readout with a backup numerical display. The AOG is ideal for combat at extended range.||The Expendables (I) Challenge: Kill 5 Grunts|
|4.5x Zoom Scope||This scope provides fixed, mid-range magnification for highly fluid combat situations. It provides a balance of precision and ranged situational awareness.||If It Moves... (II) Challenge: Kill 15 Enemies|
|Extended Magazine||This mod increases the ammo capacity of the weapon, making it so that you don’t have to reload as often.||Machine War (II) Challenge: Kill 1 Spectre|
|Suppressor||This mod reduces the firing noise and muzzle flash of the weapon, making it ideal for taking your enemies by surprise.||If It Moves... (II) Challenge: Kill 5 Enemies|
|Stabilizer||This mod reduces the amount of instability in the view when looking through the scope, making it easier to keep the crosshairs steady on a target.||Top Gun (I) Challenge: Kill 1 Pilot|
Completing any tier of a Kraber challenge awards the player with one Amped Kraber Burn Card alongside their other awards.
- If It Moves... - Completing tier one of this challenge will unlock the Suppressor, while completing tier two will unlock the 4.5x Zoom Scope.
- Top Gun - Completing tier one (killing one Pilot) will unlock the Stabilizer.
- Machine War - Completing tier one will unlock the Extended Magazine.
- The Expendables - Completing tier one unlocks the AOG scope.
- This Is My Weapon - this challenge does not award any rewards aside from XP and Amped Kraber Burn Cards.
The Kraber reappears as a sniper weapon in Titanfall 2, largely unchanged from the first game. In general, the Kraber is best used with a pistol sidearm rather than a conventional AT weapon, as pilots are extremely vulnerable in CQB should they choose such a weapon. It is worth noting that if you are able to overcome this problem, an AT weapon will make you a versatile and lethal force, capable of slaughtering all foes. As of The War Games, players can now wield an AT weapon and a sidearm at the same time, so player's opting for the Kraber will always have a CQC option in their arsenal.
Parkour will greatly hinder the accuracy of this weapon, so it is advisable to remain fairly still when aiming the weapon. Relocating between shots will allow you to get the drop on your opponent, making shots much easier to land.
The Longshot Banner can be unlocked by getting the Kraber to Generation 2.9 (Standard), 3.9 (FIRE) and 4.9 (GOLD). The =) Patch can be unlocked by getting the Kraber to Level 20. The Kraber For Life Banner can be unlocked by purchasing the Banner pack released with Monarch's Reign.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Bullets bounce off of surfaces.|
|Press [BUTTON] to toggle between two magnification levels.|
|Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
The Kraber appeared in Titanfall: Assault, wielded by the Sniper Pilot. In keeping with its nature as a high-caliber marksman rifle, the Sniper never moved from the position she was initially deployed to, shooting down enemy targets in her wide threat range with slowly fired yet highly damaging single shots. It was commonly advised to deploy her to as high an elevation as possible that covered as wide an area as possible for her to provide overwatch with her laser-sighted Kraber.
The Kraber returns in Apex Legends as a weapon available to competitors in the Apex Games, remaining relevant after the end of the Frontier War. It is one of the three legendary/gold-quality weapons in the game, alongside the Peacekeeper shotgun and the Prowler Burst PDW.
As a legendary weapon, the Kraber cannot be found on the field; it is only available from a random supply drop that lands on the map. It cannot be reloaded with any ammunition found on the map and is incompatible with all attachments - it comes equipped with its own stash of ammo and scope built into the weapon; once it runs out of ammo, the gun is useless and should be discarded. Within itself, there are, at maximum, 12 ammunition, which appear to look like sniper ammo, but are tinted red. This level of rarity and self-contained one-time-use nature is designed to balance the fact that the Kraber is explicitly one of the most powerful weapons in the game. It mostly maintains its behavior from previous Titanfall titles as a high-caliber bolt-action marksman rifle that compensates for its exceptionally slow fire rate (it must un-zoom and cycle the bolt between shots) and lack of close-range boxing skill with its superlative range and monstrous damage. As of Season 7, the Kraber is the only remaining original care package weapon, with the Mastiff and L-STAR EMG both having been brought into the loot pool and swapping with the Peacekeeper and Devotion (later with the R-99 and Prowler) respectively. The Kraber, according to developers, will remain a care package weapon and no plans of swapping it out have been discussed (likely due to its power and the difficulty to nerf it to be suitable as a loot pool weapon).
- The Kraber's name is a reference to Erik Kraber, the audio lead of Titanfall.
- The weapon is most likely based off the South African NTW-20 and the Indian Vidhwansak, both are multi-calibers (using 12,7x108, 14,5x114 and various 20mm shells) anti-materiel rifles. Besides the incredible size of the rifle, the most distinct shared trait is the side-mounted magazine, an oddity among other weapons of its type. Concept art also describes the weapon as being inspired from competition shooting rifles.
- The Kraber is the strongest weapon in both Titanfall 1 and 2 being the only weapon to have 100 damage per shot.
- According to Grunt chatter, academy training includes target practice with the Kraber, firing at parasites on Behemoths. Despite this, no AI forces ever deploy with Krabers.
- Despite being called an Armor Piercing rifle, the Kraber can not penetrate a Titan's armor without hitting the weak spots highlighted in red.
Infantry Weapons of the Titanfall universe
|Handguns||B3 Wingman (Elite • V2) • Hammond (P2011 • P2016 • P2020) • RE-45 Autopistol • Smart Pistol (MK5 • MK6)|
|Submachine Guns &
Personal Defence Weapons
|Alternator • C.A.R. SMG • R-97 Compact SMG • R-99 SMG • Prowler Burst PDW • Volt|
Battle Rifles & Carbines
|G2A4 Battle Rifle • G2A5 Battle Rifle • G7 Scout • Havoc Rifle • M1A3 Hemlok BF-R • R-101C Carbine • R-201 Assault Rifle • R-301 Carbine • V-47 Flatline (VK-47 Flatline)|
|Light Machine Guns||L-STAR • L-STAR EMG • Spitfire LMG (M600) • X-55 Devotion (Mk3)|
|Sniper Rifles &
Designated Marksman Rifles
|D-101 Longbow DMR • D-2 Double Take • Triple Take • Kraber-AP Sniper • Sentinel ESR • Valkyrie Sniper Rifle|
|Shotguns||EVA-8 Shotgun • Mastiff • Peacekeeper • SA-3 Mozambique|
|Explosives||Arc Grenade • Arc Star • Electric Smoke Grenade • Firestar • Gravity Star •Firestar • Frag Grenade • Satchel Charge • Thermite Grenade|
|Melee Weapons||Data Knife • Grappling Hook • Machete • Pulse Blade|