Ion is a Titan class that is based on the Atlas chassis design. Laser-focused, Ion is all about power. With a central energy system that fuels all of its offensive and defensive abilities, the Ion is an effective, tactical force on The Frontier. Ion's primary weapon is a Splitter Rifle. The Ion has an energy bar that recharges slowly, and almost all of her attacks require using this bar (with the exception of un-split Splitter rifle and, if you have Zero-Point Tripwire, then deploying tripwire). Ion has relatively low damage, but its ability to take the place of almost any role on the battlefield makes this a good titan for beginners (hence the reason why it is first on the titan list, and why it is chosen for you at first.)
- Can take multiple roles on the battlefield
- Vortex shield is very powerful against most Titans (i.e. Legion, Monarch)
- Laser shot can be a powerful medium-long range weapon when used correctly.
- Laser core is very effective against most Titans
- Relatively low damage output
- Running out of energy can be bad in a combat situation
"Rapid single-fire energy rifle with the ability to leverage the Ion's central energy system to fire 3 deadly shots at once."
"Shoulder-mounted, this lethal beam cuts through anything in its way."
"Laser triggered explosive mines."
"Absorb incoming fire and redirect it back at the enemy."
"A deadly oversized laser beam fired from the chest of the Ion and capable of stopping anything it its path."
Ion supports seven Warpaints; four vanilla and three DLC. She also supports 30 Nose Arts, 15 of which are DLC and 1 of which is Deluxe Edition-exclusive. The Red Baron warpaint can be unlocked by playing the game Battlefield 1 on the same EA account, while the Winged Fury Nose Art could be unlocked at launch via codes found in receipts for the American fast food chain Buffalo Wild Wings. The Winged Fury Nose Art has since been released for everyone, and can be purchased for 300 in-game credits or unlocked via Advocate Gift.
Ion returns in Titanfall: Assault as a crowd-clearing Titan, using the Splitter Rifle to disperse squads of robotics. The Ion has two variants;
- With Ion's final Warpaint "Sandstorm" equipped, on Ion's left arm, there are three acronyms that are USA/DOD/AVM. These acronyms most likely stand for "United States of America," "Department of Defense," and "Adaptive Vehicle Make," respectively. Adaptive Vehicle Make was a series of projects overseen by DARPA under the US DOD to address new approaches to vehicle and weapon design.
- As of December 2016, the Ion is the second most popular Titan within the game.
- Ion's OS is voiced by Corri English.
- The Red Baron warpaint, obtained by having played Battlefield 1 on the same account, will sometimes randomly disappear from your inventory, even if it was equipped. This can be fixed by logging into Battlefield 1 then switching back to Titanfall 2. It can also randomly fix itself after playing a multiplayer match or two.
Titanfall: Assault Burn Cards
|Pilots||Arc Bruiser • Ash • Boomer (Arc Boomer) • Ghost • Grenadier (Holo Grenadier) • Grunt Capt. • Gunner • Jack Cooper • Pyro Bruiser • Sentry Tech • Sim Ninja • Sniper (Charge Sniper) • Stim Bruiser • Spectre Capt. • Striker|
|Titans||Atlas (Nuke Atlas • Reserve Atlas) • BT-7274 • Ogre (Core Ogre • Mortar Ogre • Reserve Ogre) • Stryder (Reserve Stryder • Smoke Stryder) • Ion (Core Ion • Sniper Ion) • Ronin (Arc Ronin • Core Ronin) • Scorch (Core Scorch • Thermal Scorch )• BT-7274)|
|Burn Cards||Amp Field • Arcfall • Barrage • Drones (Arc Drones • Cloak Drone) • EMP • Grunts (Grunt Blitz • Rocket Grunts • Shield Grunts) • Mine (Arc Mine) • Missile • Nuke • Personal Shields • Reaper Bruiser • Sentry (Arc Sentry • Rocket Sentry) • Spectres (Spectre Depot • Blast Depot • Blast Spectres • Sniper Spectres) • Stalkers • Supply Depot • Time Field|