The G7 Scout is a semi-automatic battle rifle developed by Lastimosa Armory and employed by Apex Games combatants in Apex Legends. It is functionally a successor to its Frontier War ancestors, the G2A4 and the G2A5. As of Escape, it is a Care Package Weapon much like the Alternator, Kraber, and Spitfire. This means it cannot be found on the ground, and can only be found via Care Packages that will drop in the midst of a match. Likewise, it also will come with a limited amount of reserve ammo that is unobtainable on the ground, and once all of the ammo is used up, it should be discarded.
The G7 Scout is a semi-auto assault rifle that deals good headshot damage and it has high accuracy and great range. It performs best when coupled with a CQB option like an SMG, shotgun or AR to cover its close range weaknesses.
- High accuracy
- Although no longer a sniper rifle, still usable at long ranges
- Good damage output
- Has a burst mode for closer combat
- lack of recoil due to maxxed out barrel mod
- Fastest firing marksman
- Suffers in close range compared to fully automatic weapons
- Uses ammunition unobtainable from the ground
As of Escape, the following attachments are maxxed out and built into the scout
|Attachment that reduces recoil, hides flash.|
|Increases rounds that can be held inside a light weapon|
|Gives a magnification that allows for more versatility in range|
|Reduces aim sway, reduces reload time|
|Hop-Up Attachment that enables a second firing option which is a 2-Round Burst.|
|Reduces aim sway|
|zoom in the farthest in terms of range compared to other optics|
- Bangalore is always seen toting a G7 Scout as her gun of choice as part of her image, alongside a P2020. It's unclear if the G7 is the standard firearm for your average IMC infantryman.