Flyers are large creatures (around the same size as a Titan) that possess six limbs. Four of these limbs are wings that allow the creature to fly through the air at great heights and speeds. The creatures also possess large tusks on their head just below the mouth. They can be often seen trailing and soaring around the creatures known as Leviathans, latching onto them and acting as parasites.
Aside from their (apparent) homeworld on planet Leviathan, they can also be seen on a variety of other worlds - primarily at IMC military installations such as Airbase Sierra, the Swampland surrounding the Fleet Operations Base, the Fold Weapon testing Complex on Typhon and Base Golden. Like the Leviathans, the Flyers were likely transported to the Airbase via panspermia - the IMC manually breeding and transporting specimens to the planet.
The Flyers are vicious enough that they have no qualms about engaging fully armed squads of infantry and carrying away entire humans, ripping apart advanced IMC aircraft, ripping through armoured vehicles and causing enough danger that air wings stationed at Airbase Sierra cannot take off for a period of around six hours, during the Flyer swarms' regular migrations.
On Typhon (and presumably Leviathan), Flyers are also known to prey on Prowlers, though are not seen engaging active forces. They can be seen engaging in ARES Division labratories, though cannot be seen in the wilds until after the base's destruction.
Flyers can be seen on the maps Boneyard, Airbase, and the DLC map Swampland. On Boneyard they can be seen being perched at various locations and will sometimes plunge to the ground and consume Grunts and Spectres, and 3 may grab a dropship and tear it apart. Dead Flyers can also be found on Boneyard. On Airbase, they appear in the background, however they come into the map during the epilogue if the Militia wins. On Swampland they can be seen in the open part of the map, but they are often scared away by the Tower nearby.
They are able to be killed (Preferably with a Titan) and rewards the player with 100 XP. It is much easier to earn XP by killing Flyers with a Charge Rifle, as they yield as much XP as killing a Pilot does and they're much easier to kill.
Flyers have 1500 health.
- Sometimes, when killed with a Charge Rifle, a glitch occurs where the Flyer will freeze halfway through it's death animation and will remain that way for the rest of the match. The player that killed it will still receive credit for the kill.
- The Charge Rifle is able to kill a Flyer in one shot
- Several dead Flyers can be found scattered around the map on Boneyard.
- Flyers are edible, and are said to taste "gamey" 
- Grunt Dialogue: Airbase IMC - "You ever see a Leviathan up close, mate?"'"Only through the scope of a Kraber a couple of years ago. We were doing target practice on their parasites."
- Grunt Dialogue: Airbase Militia - "Hey, how did these creatures get here? We've gotta be at least ten jumps from the Boneyard."'"Bish said it was possible through something called 'pans permea'. Look it up sometime."
- Grunt Dialogue: Boneyard IMC - "I knew I'd seen these creatures before! Classified operation near Demeter!"
- Grunt Dialogue: Airbase Militia - "There is no air support, it's too dangerous. Either they'd get shot down by concealed turret at the base, or torn apart by flying creatures further out."
- Here Be Dragons mission briefing - "You will encounter Flyers with beaks powerful enough to pierce nine inch armour plating."
- Grunt Dialogue: Airbase Militia - "One of the intel boys just found out about some kind of special launch window. Apparently the flying creatures migrate every six hours and then come back.""So that means ships can come and go every six hours?" "Exactly, and the next window's coming up any minute, so I hope Sarah and Bish can get those towers down, stat!"
- (Apex Legends Voiceline) Octane: Who wants fried Flyer for dinner?
- (Apex Legends Voiceline) Mirage: Anyone hungry? Killed one of those Flyers. I call dibs on the legs.
- (Apex Legends Voicline) Mirage: Anyone hungry? Killed one of those Flyers. They're kinda gamey though.
Characters and Factions of Titanfall
|Factions||Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation • Frontier Militia • Marauder Corps • Hammond Robotics|
|Characters||Frontier Militia||James MacAllan • Sarah Briggs • Cheng "Bish" Lorck • Robert "Barker" Taube • Captain Droz • Captain Dunnam • Captain Hainey • Lieutenant Riggins • Sergeant Blanton • Sergeant Emslie • Wilson|
|IMC||Marcus Graves • Blisk • Spyglass • Captain Bracken • Captain Gates • Captain Hackathorn • Captain Riggs • Captain Vaughan • Sergeant Messerly|
|Other||Albert Woodman • Charles Griffith • Doctor Hammond • Doctor Yisv • Eric Yas • Rick • Simulation Artificial Intelligence • Titan OS (Betty • Lisa • Jeeves • Vanessa • Sid • Hannah • Elizabeth • Isabel • Audrey • Sofia • Ryoko• Natalia) • Vlad • Yen|
|Combatants||Pilots • Titans (Atlas • Ogre • Stryder) • Drone (Cloak • Search) • Grunts • Spectres • Marvins|
|Creatures||Leviathans • Flyers|