The EVA-8 is a pump-action/automatic shotgun designed for extra-vehicular activity and to operate in zero gravity environments. The weapon was developed from the ground up by Wonyeon Interstellar to provide the IMC Orbital Guard Raiding Parties (aka Shipwreckers) with devastating CQB firepower. The EVA-8 has also been widely used by the Frontier Militia and Badlands Pirates, often acquiring the weapons by raiding remote supply convoys to the Outer Colonies. When in need of massive firepower during first contact, Pilots look no further than the EVA-8.
Despite having a restricted fire rate, the EVA-8 is easily capable of obtaining one hit kills on both Grunts and Pilots. Although the EVA-8 has a decent range for a shotgun, its low rate of fire can make follow-up shots slow, meaning it is advised to aim for one-hit kills when possible. It has an average reload speed.
The EVA-8 fires 8 pellets, however the visual effect shows 11 pellets.
- Up close, fire away and the enemy is dead
- Great for controlling the building interiors
- Can instantly kill a Pilot or Minion at point blank range.
- Limited magazine capacity renders the EVA-8 useless in prolonged firefights.
- Ineffective at mid-long range
- Low fire rate
|Iron Sights||Factory issue gunsights are cheap and reliable, but visibility through them can be somewhat limited.||Default Weapon Sight|
|High-Capacity Drum||This mod increases the ammo capacity of the weapon, making it so you don't have to reload as often.||Machine War (II) Challenge: Kill 25 Spectres|
|Suppressor||This mod reduces the firing noise and muzzle flash of the weapon, making it ideal for taking your enemies by surprise.||If It Moves... (II) Challenge: Kill 25 Enemies|
|Leadwall||This mod increases the spread of the weapon, causing it to disperse its pellets over a larger area. It is ideal for attacking targets that are bunched up near each other.||Top Gun (II) Challenge: Kill 15 Pilot(s)|
- If It Moves... - Reaching level 2 of this challenge will award the Suppressor mod.
- Top Gun - Completing level 2 of this challenge will award the Leadwall mod.
- Machine War - Completing level 2 of this challenge will award the High-Capacity Drum mod.
- The Expendables - This challenge only awards XP and Amped EVA Burn Cards.
- This Is My Weapon - This challenge only awards XP and Amped EVA Burn Cards.
The EVA-8, now rebranded the EVA-8 Auto,reappears in Titanfall 2. Unlike it's Titanfall predecessor, it is now fully automatic, and will continuously fire as long as the trigger is held down - similar to the Amped EVA-8. IT is unlocked at Level 8 (or can be bought for 100 Credits). Getting the EVA-8 Auto to Generation 2.9 will unlock the Worse For Wear Banner (with 3.9 and 4.9 unlocking the FIRE and GOLD variants, respectively) while getting the weapon to level 20 will unlock the Ask Again Later Patch.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Shoot while sprinting.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Enhanced zoom scope.|
|Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
The EVA-8 makes its appearance once again in Apex Legends. It is the fastest firing shotgun, and its higher firerate compensates for the lack of range, as well as lower damage compared to the Peacekeeper which has the capability of two-shotting opponents. Unlike its predecessors, the firerate can be modified with attachments.
|Attachment that increases rate of fire|
|Improves view while ads|
|Enabled a second option on the EVA-8 that allowed for a two round burst. In exchange, the fire rate would be lowered. One could still hold the trigger for another burst.|
- Despite the fact that it has a drum magazine, it has an oddly small magazine size compared to the size of the drum. This is likely a gameplay concession and not representative of its in-universe usage.
- The weapon has a charging handle similar to the G2A4 Rifle, however the Pilot pumps the shotgun after an empty reload. The inclusion of both a pump and charging handle is similar to the real-world Franchi SPAS-15 or SPAS-12, both of which are capable of semiautomatic and pump action fire. As semiautomatic shotguns often have trouble cycling various specialty rounds, it's likely that this function was included on the EVA-8 to allow it to fire a wider array of ammunition.
- Like many weapons, the EVA-8 has been nerfed in the fourth update of Titanfall. It does less damage at mid-range distances as it used to be.
- Titanfall 2 concept art - EVA-8 Shotgun (File link)
- Titanfall 2 EXCLUSIVE 4 Minutes of Multiplayer Gameplay!
Weapons of Titanfall
|Pilot Weapons||Primary||R-101C Carbine • Hemlok BF-R • G2A4 Rifle • EVA-8 Shotgun • R-97 Compact SMG • C.A.R. SMG • Spitfire LMG • Longbow-DMR Sniper • Kraber-AP Sniper • Smart Pistol MK5|
|Sidearms||B3 Wingman • Hammond P2011 • RE-45 Autopistol|
|Anti-Titan||Sidewinder • Archer Heavy Rocket • Mag Launcher • Charge Rifle|
|Titan Weapons||XO-16 Chaingun • 40mm Cannon • Quad Rocket • Arc Cannon • Triple Threat • Plasma Railgun|
|Other/Cut Weapons||Avenger • Gibber • Smart Cannon|