The EM-4 Cold War, or simply the Cold War, is a primary four-round burst bullpup grenade launcher manufactured by Vinson Dynamics, firing 4.73x33mm explosive ammunition. The weapon requires to be charged before firing, though unlike the Charge Rifle the player simply has to press the trigger to start charging followed by the gun firing instead of holding the trigger down to fire.
A single burst can kill an enemy pilot if the shots are landed indirectly.
It is, unfortunately, possible to self-harm with this weapon - you're not immune to its splash damage.
- Note that the Cold War has a strange effect when firing; four near-hits utilising the high AOE damage will kill an enemy Pilot, but hitting a target directly with the launcher will only put the target on low health. If you are using this weapon in AI defense, it will not instant-kill enemy assault troops (grunts)
- The Cold War can kill pilots with a single burst with some good aim. If accuracy isn't your specialty, use Amped Weapons and fire in the enemy's general direction for a relatively easy kill.
- The Cold War is very effective in a highly mobile playstyle. Wall run around the map while firing bursts at your foes below. Keep in mind that accuracy is key if you want to score one-hit-kills.
- If you have high-power pistols like the B3 Wingman or SA-3 Mozambique, you can use them to finish off Pilots if the Cold War's burst left them injured.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Shoot while sprinting.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
- 4.73x33mm is an odd choice for a grenade caliber, to say the least - in fact, in modern times, it's closer to the size you might see in PDWs such as the H&K MP7 or the P90. This might speak to the power of the explosive utilised in the weapon's projectile. 4.73x33mm is in fact, the same caliber as the H&K G11 caseless rifle developed in the 1980s.
- Given that the explosions give off bright blue flares, the projectiles may be made out of the same material the EPG-1, Titan Sentry, Plasma Drone or Reaper Rocket fires.
- In Titanfall 2, there is only one Cold War available in the entire single-player campaign, a hidden pickup somewhere in the mission The Beacon.
- it is possible that the weapons listed above use the same injection system of what could be some form of copper oxide or cobalt. Even the blue tracer rounds used in the Volt, Devotion and D-2 double take could be made out of a similar alloy.
- The Cold War also has iron sights that are unusable to the player. these iron sights can also be seen equipped on the EPG-1 with the same unusable nature.
Explosive Ordnance and Heavy Weapons
|Grenades||Arc Grenade • Arc Star • Electric Smoke Grenade • Firestar • Frag Grenade • Gravity Star • Thermite Grenade|
|Mines and Remote Explosives||Mine • Arc Mine • Arc Trap • Satchel Charge|
|Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers||Archer Heavy Rocket • Mag Launcher (MGL) • R-6P Softball • Sidewinder (SMR)|
|Energy Weapons||Charge Rifle • LG-97 Thunderbolt • EM-4 Cold War • EPG-1 • Sentinel ESR|