Doctor Hammond is a character who is mentioned in Titanfall. He is the founder of Hammond Robotics and is thus at least partially responsible for the creation of the IMC. A descendent of his, known as Mister Hammond, is the current chairman of the IMC.
Around two centuries ago, Dr. Hammond was responsible for the creation of the company Hammond Engineering in the Core Systems. Over the first fifteen years of the company's existence, consumer demand for Titan manufacturing materials, planetary survey technology and map database rights would lead to explosive growth of the company. For the next century, a series of re-brandings, mergers and acquisitions would transform Hammond Engineering into the commercial empire that is now known as the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation. The legacy of Hammond Engineering now exists in the company Hammond Robotics, responsible for a large portion of the materiel employed on the battlegrounds of The Frontier.
Doctor Hammond was responsible for the creation of the MRVN, purportedly as a favour to a friend. Eventually, the creation of this worker drone would lead to the creation of the Spectre, and the start of an arms race between the IMC and its competitors, possibly leading to the Core Systems Conflicts. Despite all this, Hammond was not a public figure, and rarely showed his face while alive.
Hammond's Fate Edit
The current status of Doctor Hammond is currently unknown, and is highly speculated upon. These rumours include Hammond being frozen in cryostasis or being linked into a machine body, while others simply believe he is dead due to his age. Hammond's son, however, is mentioned to be working on an independant project related to "synthetic biology".
Shortly before the Battle of Demeter, Hammond (referred to as "Mister Hammond") would give a speech to Pilots preparing to defend the crucial world. It is unknown, however, if "Mister Hammond" refers to the original Dr. Hammond or Hammond's son. Hammond is also mentioned to be on good terms with General Marder, of ARES Division - however, it is also unknown if this refers to the Dr. Hammond or Hammond Jr.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Titanfall Militia Grunt dialogue - Made Men - "I don't think Hammond is alive. He'd be like two hundred years old."
- ↑ Titanfall Companion - The IMC (File link)
- ↑ Titanfall legacy site - The IMC
- ↑ Titanfall Companion - Spectre (File link)
- ↑ Titanfall IMC Grunt Dialogue - Made Men - "Yeah, Hammond started a bloody arms race when they invented the spectre."
- ↑ Titanfall IMC Grunt dialogue - Made Men - "I heard Hammond never showed his face, even when he was alive."
- ↑ Titanfall Militia Grunt dialogue - Made Men - "Hammond's dead? I heard he was still alive. Frozen, but alive."
- ↑ Titanfall Militia Grunt dialogue - Made Men - "I hear Hammond is frozen, and his brain is attached to a computer somewhere around here."
- ↑ Titanfall IMC Grunt dialogue - Made Men - "Spectres ain't so great. I heard Hammond's son was working on something bigger!"'"What, like smarter drones?" "Nah, some kind of synthetic biology work. Next-gen stuff."
- ↑ Titanfall mission - "The Battle of Demeter"
- ↑ Titanfall 2 mission scientist dialogue - Effect and Cause - "You're forgetting he's got Hammond in his corner, so if he says we go...we go."