- 1 Titanfall
- 2 Titanfall 2
- 3 Gallery
- 4 References
The C.A.R. SMG is one of the two submachine guns developed from the R-101C Carbine platform, though unlike the R-97, it has far greater power, able to kill in one less shot at all ranges. Unfortunately, though, this is at the expense of fire rate, range and capacity. This makes the weapon a hybrid between the R-101C Carbine and R-97 Compact SMG, dealing similar damage to the former, with a slower rate of fire than the latter.
- High rate of fire beneficial in close quarters
- Dampened recoil makes weapon accurate at intermediate range
- Lower rate of fire, range and magazine capacity than R-97 Compact SMG
- Outclassed at long range by rifles
- The C.A.R. SMG has a lower rate of fire when compared to the R-97 Compact SMG, but what it lacks in fire rate it makes up for in damage output and accuracy. This weapon provides players with the versatility of clearing out waves of Grunts and Spectres while at the same time providing the right amount of firepower to mow down Pilots.
- With a stable and accurate shot, this weapon can make quick work of enemy Pilots. If long-distance shooting isn’t your forte, don’t let that worry you. This weapon has the perfect magazine capacity, allowing players to hold down the trigger in medium to close distances to make light work of the opponent. When facing off against enemy Pilots, try to close the distance to use this weapon effectively.
- This weapon is very useful against Grunts and Spectres. With thirty bullets in the magazine, players will want to quickly become friendly with the spawn locations of the minions. The C.A.R. SMG allows you to lay down steel and helps you quickly gain access to your Titan. This will then allow you to engage opposing Pilots more effectively.
- This is a very popular weapon among Pilots, being the second most used assault weapon next to the R-101C Carbine. Pilots who utilize this weapon will commonly use this as a rush weapon to quickly take out their enemy's at medium to close range while continuously sprinting and using parkour in order to keep themselves from being easy targets. The best way to deal with these types of pilots is to keep your distance and to take them out at medium to long range.
- The Counterweight attachment is unique for the C.A.R. It will keep the weapon's crosshairs at a fixed size, allowing for much more accurate hipfire. Pairing this with the Run N Gun Kit will let you maintain accuracy and maximum mobility, possibly shaving precious seconds off of your reaction time if you're caught by surprise at close ranges. Likewise, the Enhanced Parkour Kit can work well if you like to ambush enemies while hanging or running on walls. Choosing Stim will further increase mobility and survivality while using either kit with the C.A.R.
|Image||Name||Description||Unlock / Challenge|
|Iron Sights||Default factory issue gunsight.||Default Weapon Sight|
|HCOG||HCOG has an open sight reticle, easily acquire and track vertical targets, 1.85x fixed magnification and ammo readout.||The Expendables (III):|
Kill 50 Grunts
|Extended Magazine||Increases the ammo capacity of the weapon.||Machine War (II)|
Kill 25 Spectres
|Suppressor||Reduces the firing noise and muzzle flash of the weapon||If It Moves... (II)|
Kill 25 Enemies
|Counterweight||Keeps the weapon's crosshairs at a fixed size, allowed for higher accuracy when shooting from the hip while moving.||Top Gun (II)|
Kill 15 Pilot(s)
If It Moves...
|Kill 10 Enemies||500 XP|
|Kill 25 Enemies||1,000 XP, Suppressor Mod, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Enemies||2,500 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 100 Enemies||5,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 200 Enemies||10,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 5 Pilots||500 XP|
|Kill 15 Pilots||1,000 XP, Counterweight Mod, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 30 Pilots||2,500 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Pilots||5,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 75 Pilots||10,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 10 Spectres||500 XP|
|Kill 25 Spectres||1,000 XP, Extended Magazine Mod, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Spectres||2,500 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 75 Spectres||5,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 100 Spectres||10,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 10 Grunts||500 XP|
|Kill 25 Grunts||1,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 50 Grunts||2,500 XP, HCOG Attachment, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 100 Grunts||5,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Kill 200 Grunts||10,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
This Is My Weapon
|Use Weapon for .5 Hour||500 XP|
|Use Weapon for 1 Hour||1,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Use Weapon for 1.5 Hours||2,500 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Use Weapon for 2 Hours||5,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Use Weapon for 3 Hours||10,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
Off the Dome
|Get 5 Headshots||500 XP|
|Get 15 Headshots||1,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Get 30 Headshots||2,500 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Get 50 Headshots||5,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
|Get 75 Headshots||10,000 XP, Amped C.A.R. Burn Card|
The C.A.R., now simply named the CAR, returns in Titanfall 2 as a Pilot submachine gun. The weapon is now a default weapon for all new Pilots, and has recieved a minor visual upgrade with a fixed stock and more prominent Irondot Sights.
The CAR (Combat Advanced Round) is a fully-automatic submachine gun. It performs at 25 damage per bullet, with damage drop starting at 19.05 meters(1000 units) and drop ending at 57.15 meters(3000 units). It is fully automatic, with a listed fire rate of 70, but an actual fire rate of 846 RPM. It's magazine can hold 30 bullets as standard, and 36 bullets with the Extra Ammo mod equipped.
- The CAR is at its zenith when used with the Gunrunner mod in close to mid-range combat and since its recoil is minimal, it can be a great practice weapon to high speed combat on the go. Unless you're good with slide-hopping, which effectively eliminates any use for Gunrunner.
- Unlike the R-97, the CAR rewards the players who would accurately trace their enemies through the crosshair. It was not built for spray and pray tatics so where you point is where you shoot, don't panic.
- For the first few rounds fired there is a noticeable upwards recoil. Combat this by firing a few rounds from the hip, and then using the scope without laying off the trigger for mid to long range engagements.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Shoot while sprinting.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Enhanced zoom scope.|
|Makes enemies easy to spot by applying an AR overlay to them. Warning: Disables extra mod slot.|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
|Handguns||B3 Wingman (Elite • V2) • Hammond (P2011 • P2016 • P2020) • RE-45 Autopistol • Smart Pistol (MK5 • MK6)|
|Submachine Guns &
Personal Defence Weapons
|Alternator • C.A.R. SMG • R-97 Compact SMG • R-99 SMG • Prowler Burst PDW • Volt|
Battle Rifles & Carbines
|G2A4 Battle Rifle • G2A5 Battle Rifle • G7 Scout • Havoc Rifle • M1A3 Hemlok BF-R • R-101C Carbine • R-201 Assault Rifle • R-301 Carbine • V-47 Flatline (VK-47 Flatline)|
|Light Machine Guns||L-STAR • L-STAR EMG • Spitfire LMG (M600) • X-55 Devotion (Mk3)|
|Sniper Rifles &
Designated Marksman Rifles
|D-101 Longbow DMR • D-2 Double Take • Triple Take • Kraber-AP Sniper • Sentinel ESR • Valkyrie Sniper Rifle|
|Shotguns||EVA-8 Shotgun • Mastiff • Peacekeeper • SA-3 Mozambique|
|Explosives||Arc Grenade • Arc Star • Electric Smoke Grenade • Firestar • Gravity Star •Firestar • Frag Grenade • Satchel Charge • Thermite Grenade|
|Melee Weapons||Data Knife • Grappling Hook • Machete • Pulse Blade|