|This article, Black Water Canal, has insufficient information and needs more content. You can assist the Titanfall Wikia by expanding this article as much as you can.|
Black Water Canal is a map in Titanfall 2. lt is an IMC fueling station nestled deep in the rocky canals of the planet Cibus. Built as an early fuel storage facility in The Frontier by the original colonists, it rapidly became a key location for IMC ships to refuel, due to its prime location between Demeter and Gridiron. Although it is still operated and managed by its founders, the Dionysys Corporation, the facility is owned by its parent corporation, the IMC.
The Banks are located on opposite sides of the bridge, with open windows next to each Bank facing each other. It is entirely possible to be attacked by gunfire or grenades while making a deposit.
Frontier Defense Edit
In Frontier Defense, the Harvester is placed west of the Bridge, just northwest of Bulk Storage/DZ1. Enemies primarily filter in through the T-junction east of the Bridge (passing under it in the process) and down the ramp southwest of the Bridge. They will also filter in from the north, around the Pump area.
- The first wave ends with a lone Northstar Sniper Titan; this is a good chance to grab an early Battery to charge up the shields on your first Titan. Just wait above it until the dome shield drops, then hop down onto it and rodeo away.
- Mortar Titans will set up northwest of the Pump and southeast of the Control Station. Mortar Spectre teams will set up on assorted high rooftops (giving limited line of sight/fire for Titans on the ground) and enclosed courtyards on the lower levels. Defenders should be ready to engage Mortar Titans in later waves, whilst Mortar Spectres will appear early on.
- Above and below the Bridge make for ideal defensive positions and chokepoints; a defender on the Bridge is shielded from Nuke Titan explosions under the Bridge, and can weaken incoming Titans whilst covering the secondary approach to the south. A Northstar is especially suited here, as she can drop Cluster Missiles and Tether Traps into the cluster of enemies below and, if necessary, utilise VTOL Hover to rapidly get off or onto the bridge.
- Beneath the Bridge, a line of Arc Traps can be used to hinder advancing enemies. Legion, Scorch, and Northstar can all be especially effective with this narrow lower advance, either due to penetrating attacks (with Aegis Rank upgrades for Legion) or area-effect abilities and traps.
- Remnant Fleet Scorch, Ronin and Arc Titans alongside Reapers are amongst the greatest threats here due to the extreme close quarters. Reapers will rarely deploy Ticks, but can easily slip through to attack the Harvester directly; at the start of the final wave in particular, half a dozen Reapers will warpfall on the northern side of the map and charge down toward the Harvester to engage at close range.
- Cloak Drones and Plasma Drones do not make an appearance in this map.
- The design of Black Water, particularly the control tower, was heavily inspired by Airbase.
- A class of ship similar to IMS Draconis can be seen in the background.
- The control tower that overlooks the bridge is a good area for use of sniper weapons such as the Kraber-AP Sniper.
Concept Art Edit